HamForGood is a HAMY.LABS initiative giving 20% of all HAMY.LABS project profits to causes that better the world.
how it works
- HamForGood applies to all HAMY.LABS projects
- HamForGood gives 20% of project profits to select causes
- Each cause has a list of organizations it donates its funds to
- Each project may optionally declare a cause it supports (defaulting to discretionary if none is set)
- Of the 20% to be donated
- 10% goes to the project’s cause (defaulting to discretionary if empty)
- 10% goes to the discretionary cause
- The discretionary cause will distribute its funds to HamForGood causes as is deemed most impactful at the time of disbursement
- Disbursements will happen ~halfly
Say a shirt is sold from my shop for $30 and total costs were $20. This leaves us with $10 of profit. So we take 20% of that profit ($2) for HamForGood. Let’s say this project backs the
climatechange cause. In that case, $1 would go to organizations fighting climate change (as listed next to the
climatechange cause in the docs linked below) and the other $1 would be distributed among other causes like
You can find all HamForGood projects, related writings, and accounting here:
HamForGood as a system to help the world through a medium I enjoy - building projects. My hope is to keep it simple, sustainable, and impactful.
You can read more about the current paradigm in its launch post.