CASE STUDY: Redesigning my sites to focus on building

2020.03.08 | 256 words |

This weekend I redesigned my sites to focus on building.

Why building? Over the past few weeks I’ve been thinking about what it is I want to be doing. What I came up with was something along the lines of leveraging technology to build creative outputs. To that end, I decided to set up a collaboration funnel to get more ideas and perspectives with which to build upon.

As part of this effort, I focused on narrowing available options to those that made the most sense given the context and that were most valuable to me, tightening styles to be closer to that of my overall design system, narrowing the domain of existing sites and spinning off new ones when necessary.

Some examples:

New, focused front page

New, focused front page

Rebuilt my home page to limit options to those pages I want visitors to see most

The new HAMY.LABS home page

The new HAMY.LABS site

Updated my common styles to fit more closely with my brand design system and values - impact and pragmatism

Simplified button menus on each site to focus on just what’s important in each context

Gave the menu bar a better indicator of the current “context”

New building call to action

New building call to action

seeded the bottom of every page with a call-to-action -> to build with me

New hamventures standalone site

New hamventures standalone site

Spun out hamventures into its own standalone site

see old styles

To see examples of the old styles, read my Hugo theme’s original launch post.

 

About the Ham

Hi I'm Hamilton - I built this! If you want more content like this subscribe to my email list, connect with me around the web, or take a look at some of my other projects.

More Projects

comments powered by Disqus